Shop for auto insurance or get a root canal. Some folks would opt for the root canal. Others see a cute little reptile in a business suit, and instantly go with him. After all, how many geckos have ever steered you wrong. I’ve never met a talking reptile I couldn’t trust, but should I be listening to him for my car insurance choices?
Here are some quick auto insurance tips:
1. Get as many quotes online as you can stand to read. It’s easy, just search for the key words “auto insurance” on any search engine.
2. Remember that extra time spent comparing prices might add up to as much as $1,000 in savings.
3. If you can afford to pay cash for the replacement of you own vehicle, then you might consider minimum coverage.
4. If you have a long commute, live in an area that has dangerous roads, or have a history of several accidents in the past, then you will want to lean towards having more coverage than the minimum.
5. If insurance laws in your state are not very strict (i.e. stiff penalties for drivers without insurance) then it would be wise to get uninsured motorist coverage.
6. Check your driving record, and get quotes just after your driving record improves. Improvements in your driving record will decrease your rates.
7. If the process seems like pulling teeth, just keep reminding yourself that 4 hours of work is worth the hundreds of dollars you will save.